The private investment space is entering the prime of its life. From its inception 40 years ago, private equity has grown dramatically, with AUMs going from a few billion dollars to some three trillion today. This steady growth was maintained during bubble years and during the more challenging years that followed. Through it all, private equity has become a popular, mature, asset class with distinct challenges and opportunities.
Against a backdrop of increasing regulatory pressure and rising LP demands, GPs are investing in more diverse geographies and are becoming adept in a wider set of investment strategies than ever before. An unprecedented and growing number of PE players are expanding or restructuring. New investment structures are emerging. GPs, funds-of-funds and other PE players are merging, acquiring or getting acquired. Just as some LPs are for the first time structuring their own investment programs, other LPs, who have received little in the way of distributions, are cutting back on PE. Corporates are adapting how they use private equity for their own benefit.
- How can the strategic and tactical challenges of operating in this changing environment best be identified and addressed?
- What new geographical markets are GPs and LPs considering and what will it take to properly evaluate those opportunities?
- Can secondary market transactions and real asset investing help GPs and LPs attain return objectives?
- What does the industry think of a particular GP or LP?
- How should investors and fund managers benchmark performance and operations?
- How can the forces of change be of benefit to PE players?
Broad knowledge and experience of the global private equity space is essential for tackling these questions and successfully shaping sustainable organizations and practices.
Triago’s 20+ years of activity as an innovative and independent global specialist agent in private equity ideally positions us to assist PE players. We help GPs, LPs, funds-of-funds, corporates, and others identify, prepare and execute a wide range of strategies, including mergers & acquisitions, joint-ventures, narrow or broad internal change, brand strengthening and much more.
Through daily interactions with all participants in the global PE market, both on the primary and secondary fronts, Triago constantly adds to the storehouse of information and expertise required to provide clients with concrete strategic solutions. Our diverse array of services includes:
- Feasibility studies
- Idea generation and scenario building for expansion, diversification and restructuring
- Counterpart identification and evaluation
- Decision support and deal structuring
- Assistance in negotiations and execution
We work with utmost discretion, independence and confidentiality, dedicating our most experienced and senior team members to our strategic missions and reporting to the top management level of our clients. For GPs and LPs we undertake deep assessments of their situation and their potential growth avenues.
Our role is to be a creative thinker and a catalyst: Triago serves its clients by developing an objective strategic viewpoint on market trends and by crafting a wider choice of options for successful, long-term development. We remain at our client’s side as they navigate choices and execute their chosen strategy.
The strategic advisory services described above are provided in the USA by Triago Americas, Inc. member FINRA/SIPC.